"He was very, very disappointed that there's been no arrest made as yet, " Kakas said.
NPR: Accused Witch Burned Alive In Papua New Guinea
Kakas said onlookers were shocked by the brutality but were powerless to stop the mob.
Kakas described the victim's husband as the "prime suspect" and said the man fled the province.
Kakas said he did not know if there was a relationship between the husband and the dead boy's family.
The public were apparently not cooperating with police, and police carrying out the investigation were not working hard enough, Kakas said.
Deputy Police Commissioner Simon Kauba on Friday blasted Mount Hagen investigators by phone for failing to make a single arrest, Kakas said.
Kakas could not immediately say what had become of the 29 since their first court appearances last year in the north coast province of Madang.
应用推荐
模块上移
模块下移
不移动